Drying Flats

Drying Flats

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day 7

Today is day five of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and hand washing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.

Today I am reflecting on the past seven days of the Flats Challenge.

I found this year more difficult than last year in that it was raining 6 out of 7 days this week and I had to dry my flats indoors next to the dehumidifier.  I was also washing twice a day to ensure the flats had enough time to dry in the event of an emergency.  By Thursday I didn't even want to look at my washing pail and plunger.

On a positive note, I have a renewed love and respect for flat diapers.  They are so easy and it has done wonders for my daughter's EC practice.  For a while there she was reluctant to practice, but for some reason the flats worked for her and she was able to get back on track.

I hope I am never in a situation where I do not have access to a washer or dryer, but I am relieved to know that in a worst case scenario I would be able to do it.

Thank you Dirty Diaper Laundry for hosting this amazing campaign again.  I look forward to next year's challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment