Drying Flats

Drying Flats

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Flats and Handwashing Challenge Day 6


Today is day five of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and hand washing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.

We are at the finish line.  One more day of handwashing flats and drying them in my house.  It has been a horrible week weather wise.  Only one load of flats made it out on a quasi sunny day.  This challenge has pushed me to keep going even when I wanted to give up and use my dryer.

I had to work today, which meant my hubs was in control of the diaper situation for a couple hours.  He is 100% supportive of me using less water, less electricity, and not buying disposable diapers.  He just lets me do my thing.  He even likes the pocket diapers!  Before I left for work I showed him the flats and the pins and how to use them.  He ended up using one pocket diaper because he was not comfortable securing the pins on our wiggly toddler.  I support that decision 100%.

Handwashing the last load of flats at 11:30 pm

It is very late and I have just finished handwashing my last load of flats diapers for a LONG time, hopefully.  I am excited that tomorrow is that last day of the challenge but I am grateful that I have participated this week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment