Drying Flats

Drying Flats

Monday, March 5, 2012

My Resourceful Revolution

I am not quite sure when it happened, but it did.  Maybe it was a result of my new life as a stay at home, cloth diapering, baby food making, 14 month nursing, mother.  Maybe it was a result of our weekly grocery bills constantly increasing.  A lot of it is due to Pinterest.  This I am sure of.  But maybe it was always inside of me waiting for its chance to bloom.  I woke up one day and it was there.

I am referring to what I have coined as my Resourceful Revolution.  My new outlook is that if I can do it/make it/ design it myself then there is absolutely no reason to buy it.  Just because it isn't sold on a shelf does not mean it doesn't exist!  And I have to say, doing it myself and seeing the results of my perseverance and dedication pay off is so rewarding.  It should be illegal.

For example, just last week I found a recipe for peanut butter and for literally $8.00 and 45 minutes of my day I now have enough natural peanut butter to last MONTHS.  I regret that I didn't document the making of it for this blog because it will be a while before I need to make it again.

I will not be making that mistake again.  My goal for this blog is to find new and exciting ways to eliminate the need for store bought household items, food, gifts by making them myself.  My goal is to show you all that you CAN do it, it IS possible and this blog will be the honest truth you can trust.  If something stinks, if a recipe doesn't work, or if it turns out to be something amazing and easy you will find an open honest and hopefully informative review.

So that is it for now.  As I write this post, I am working on my next project:  Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent!!

Please check back often and follow my progress!  If you have an idea for something you'd like to see done, but don't want to do yourself please send me the idea.  I will research and hopefully get a chance to try it out on here.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment